Benefits of Virtual Care & Telemedicine Technologies
Let’s face it: the human body doesn’t always follow regular 9-5 business hours. You could need medical attention at any time. That’s why it’s essential you have access to the care you need when you need it. In order to avoid unnecessary ER visits or lengthy urgent care wait times, utilize the benefits of virtual care.
At Eden Health, our virtual healthcare services feature mobile app and video conferencing technology to connect our patients with medical professionals, available 24/7, within minutes.
Virtual medicine is accessible to thousands of employees across the U.S. Our virtual health application makes looking after your employees’ health easier, faster, and more convenient. Your staff can use our app to chat with their dedicated Care Team at any time, whether they have a health question, need a prescription refilled, or want a specialist referral.
As COVID-19 has distanced staff members from their workplaces, families, and health care providers, many people have struggled to access treatment for their ailments or chronic conditions. Virtual medical care is a viable, cost-effective solution to this disruption, placing your employees under the care of dedicated health professionals and specialists whenever they require assistance.
Due to the national disruption that the pandemic has caused, we’ve found that more employees than ever are reaping the benefits of virtual care. With access to instantaneous medical advice, you can potentially spot illnesses and conditions before they become severe. Additionally, the faster your employees are back on their feet thanks to virtual care, the faster they can return to normal productivity levels at work.
Virtual Care for Employees Everywhere
We are a direct-to-employer concierge medical provider, driven by a philosophy that excellent health care should be accessible to employees everywhere, at all times. We help employees navigate today’s complicated healthcare landscape using virtual care and telehealth technologies, integrated primary and mental health care, and insurance navigation. These benefits allow workers to make well-informed, smart, healthy decisions. Additionally:
- Virtual telehealth places high-quality, convenient medical care in the palm of your employees’ hands, 24/7.
- Employees can get treatments, diagnoses, or prescriptions via the Eden Health app without the cost, hassle, or risk of an office visit.
- Our providers can address patient complaints ranging from acute to chronic. This includes ongoing monitoring and management of complex care needs.
- Patients can obtain refills on existing prescriptions.
Our mission is to ensure that the most complicated aspects of healthcare are made personal and straightforward. We work alongside your organization’s insurance, providing easy access to benefits experts and healthcare providers for all employees.
In recent years, the virtual care landscape has gained significant traction, and COVID-19 further accelerated the widespread adoption of telemedicine services. As a result, many employers have invested time and resources to deploy virtual care solutions for their employees.
Today, 76% of employers are expanding their virtual care solutions, with 71% accelerating their telehealth offerings. While some employers added to their existing virtual healthcare offerings when COVID-19 arrived, others were new to the telemedicine industry as they were forced to adjust to coronavirus restrictions.
Now, due to the continually changing COVID-19 situation across the U.S., many leading organizations rely on Eden Health to implement situationally appropriate COVID-19 solutions.
Virtual care and telehealth technologies enhance our ability to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We offer solutions for screening, testing, vaccination, and monitoring the overall health of employees. All of our PCR and serology tests are EUA-authorized by the FDA.
As part of our COVID-19 screening, we provide:
- Daily virtual screenings of employees before they leave home
- PCR swab testing and onsite antibody tests
- Triage treatment via our virtual healthcare app
- Expert guidance from a dedicated medical director
Virtual Care Solutions and Benefits
If you’re wondering, ‘what is online medical care?’ or ‘what is virtual telemedicine?’ you’ll have a better understanding once we explain the advantages of these services. Virtual Care:
- Allows employees to access proactive, continuous care: With virtual care, employees can connect with a healthcare provider any time of day from the privacy and comfort of their home — or wherever they may be — via text message, telephone, or secure video. Their healthcare provider can even coordinate with local pharmacies to arrange prescription refills.
- Offers immediate access to health care providers: Traditionally, arranging an appointment with a doctor for a non-emergent problem can take days or weeks. With virtual care, you can get diagnosis and treatment information on the same day without exposing yourself to waiting rooms or long commutes to clinics.
- Provides 24/7 care with more focused attention: Patients value uninterrupted time with their doctors. Virtual care gives you one-on-one access to your provider, which you can utilize even when regular doctor’s offices are closed.
- Is cost-effective: Eden members receive free virtual care. Typically, they would be charged for a physical visit to the doctor, ER, or urgent care.
- Has an average response time of 7 minutes: Patients can access licensed, trained, board-certified healthcare professionals in less than ten minutes, getting expert advice that they can trust.
- Boosts accessibility: If your employees live in rural areas where doctors may be scarce or hard to reach, they can always access virtual care providers.
- Increases safety: Now, maintaining a safe social distance from others, especially sick people in waiting rooms, is more important than ever before. Virtual telehealth eliminates the risk of exposure to COVID-19 or other germs.
- Enhances mental health support: Having the opportunity to access mental health resources from the comfort and privacy of one’s home appeals to people who struggle with their mental wellbeing.
Employee Health and Wellbeing Has Organizational Impact
We believe that virtual health and employee wellbeing has a positive impact on the long-term ROI for an organization. There are several organizational benefits of healthy employees:
Wellbeing Programs Reduce Healthcare Costs
Comprehensive workplace wellness programs that improve employee behavior through virtual care help reduce overall healthcare costs. Most employers find that program participation savings are much greater than the price of the program. Countless studies have shown positive ROI from corporate wellness programs.
A healthier workforce can lead to increased levels of productivity. There is a clear link between effective healthcare solutions, absenteeism, and productivity. If employees are worried about their health, not feeling their best, or need to take a sick day, productivity suffers.
Employee Talent Acquisition
It’s vital to retain your most valuable employees and avoid high turnover rates. As a business, you don’t just compete for customers or users; you compete to employ the best talent.
Prospective employees look beyond high salaries and ‘great culture,’ recognizing the value of healthcare benefits and a healthy working environment that enhances their long-term wellbeing. As an employer, prioritizing employee health through benefits and wellness initiatives is key to acquiring and retaining a top-notch workforce.
Health and Wellness is a Joint Effort
At Eden Health, we fully integrate our healthcare services with your existing insurance plans, advising employees on how to make the most of their benefits.
Our insurance navigation and support services help your employees to understand how their vision, dental, and health plans work by providing answers to questions about:
- Copays and plan deductibles
- Verifying and explaining complicated bills based on services rendered
- Services, providers, and facilities covered by their health plan
- Identifying and leveraging ancillary benefits
- FSA and HSA yearly participation and cost allocations
An efficient corporate wellness program also provides bill advocacy, helping patients to:
- Verify any suspected errors in bills and incorrect billing codes, services rendered, and insurance coverage
- Verify the accuracy of large and complex bills
- Submit insurance claims
- Submit claims appeals
- Identify savings on prescription medications
Healthcare navigation services help explain complicated health insurance plans to beneficiaries. They coordinate between businesses, insurers, employees, and healthcare professionals, ensuring that employees can access the best possible healthcare.
Eden Health’s virtual component ensures that members receive continuous care over the app — their Care Team is always the same and allows patients to build trusted relationships with their providers. What differentiates Eden from other virtual care practices is providing both virtual and in-person care. The option of accessing in-person care is complementary to the high quality care our members receive virtually for concerns that can be resolved over the app.
When choosing a corporate wellness and virtual care provider, you should evaluate your existing initiatives and think of ways to improve your employee benefits. Consider the positive impact that virtual care can have on your employees, their families, and your organization as a whole. We also recommend speaking to your employees and asking what they find most valuable in a corporate wellness program.
Contact a member of the Eden Health team today and learn how we can help you implement a robust and effective corporate wellness program with virtual care services.
This blog is intended to be informational in nature. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please talk to your Care Team or other healthcare provider. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog or in any linked materials.