The pandemic has shed light on how important access to care, engagement, and quality is for health plans, enterprises, and patients themselves. Unfortunately, there is a shortage of primary care practices — especially those that deliver true longitudinal care, that refer patients to the right place for secondary and tertiary care. Several solutions have popped up in response to this shortage of primary care, but they have only further fragmented the patient experience; they have failed to deliver on the promise of real primary care, and they drive patients to the wrong places of service to the wrong providers to the wrong specialists.
To solve this problem, you need a physician group that actually engages members, provides excellent quality care, and refers patients to your preferred specialists. At Eden, we unite primary care, mental health, physical therapy, and referral management, virtually and in-person in a way that drives high engagement, improved clinical outcomes, and streamlined referrals.
The Key to Success: Engagement
The first step to doing this right begins with engagement. We remove barriers to care through:
- An easy-to-use interface: A simple chat window connects members to their Care Team for any health inquiries, 24/7.
- Simplified appointment booking: Easy online scheduling as soon as the next day, or forego an “appointment” and meet with our team, right now.
- Personalized, predictive care plans: Suggestions and care reminders to help members stay on top of wellness tasks.
- Streamlined services: Care delivered in all 50 states, solving for licensing, billing, and referrals.
- Low costs: Free virtual care for members, so they can rely on Eden as their first entry point for care without worrying about the price.
Unsurprisingly, this leads to incredible, industry leading engagement.
Higher Quality Care, Improved Outcomes
Once we have members engaged, we deliver high quality care that makes a measurable difference in patient outcomes. Available both in person and virtually, members receive a new kind of primary care experience that puts patients at the center of their care while helping to guide them through their entire healthcare journey. Members receive:
- Longitudinal primary care, anytime: One cross-functional group of salaried clinicians to look after your members’ total health;
- Mental health support: Talk therapy, health coaching, and medication management;
- Chronic condition management: Regular screenings to identify issues and facilitate earlier interventions;
- Care navigation: Answers to any healthcare question, from benefits to billing to in-network care; and
- Specialist referrals: Accurate referrals to your list of preferred in-network specialists.
When members finally have access to a longitudinal, collaborative care solution, we see outcomes improve*:
Closing the Care Loop with Referrals
With high engagement and excellent outcomes, members finally see a difference and can trust their primary care providers. And with this trust, we can close the care loop with an effective and integrated referral system. While we only refer 10% of patients to specialists, our system ensures that:
- 100% accurate referrals to preferred provider lists
- 70% of referrals are closed Loop with return of patient data
*Source: Diabetes data based on all Eden Health empaneled patients, excluding members without data, whose Hgb A1c was less than 8%. Hypertension data based on all Eden Health empaneled patients to NYC Care Teams whose Blood pressure was <140/90. Depression data based on Eden Health empaneled NYC Care Team patients engaging with Mental Health clinicians with a diagnosis of depression or mixed anxiety/depression w/ PHQ9 </= 9 within 12 months of initiating treatment.
In a world full of endless point solutions, patients don’t always know where to start, and therefore end up under or over-utilizing the healthcare system. Eden Health is the first independent physician group that empowers health plans to oversee the entire patient journey at scale — with proven results — and can help you stay competitive with a unique offering that attracts and retains more customers while lowering the total cost of care. Contact us below to learn more.