Effective Date: March 1, 2017
Updated Date: Aug, 2020
Information We Collect About You
• When you register with the Companies for an Eden Health account, we collect your Personally Identifiable Information ("PII”), which means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, and phone number. We also collect your PII when you submit such information through the Service for any other reason.
• If you create an account through the Website or the App, we may collect your title, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, personal interests, and other information that is not considered PII because it cannot be used by itself to identify you. We may also collect your PII when we contract directly with your employer and receive health plan eligibility data.
• We automatically log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) and other information such as your browser type, operating system, the web page that you were visiting before accessing our Website, App and Service, the pages or features of our Website, App and Service to which you browsed to give us an idea of which part of our Website, App and Service you visit and how long you spend there (we refer to this information as "Log Data").
• We collect certain information that your mobile device sends when you use our Website, App and Service, like a device identifier, user settings and the operating system of your device, as well as information about your use of our Website, App and Service. You understand that, by logging into the App on your mobile device, some information pertaining to your medical treatment may be stored to your mobile device. We are not responsible for any unauthorized access by any third party to such information on your mobile device.
• When you use our App, we may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location or by accessing your mobile device’s GPS coordinates or course location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalize our App for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device.
Your Ability to Review Your Account and Information
If you are a registered user with an account, you can review your PII by going to the App and signing in using the login page.
Cookies and Other Technologies
"Web Beacons" (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Website, App and Service for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Website, App and Service, to monitor how many visitors view our Website, App and Service, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the user’s hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
Our Website does not have the capability to respond to "Do Not Track" signals received from various web browsers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your PII is not shared outside of the Companies without your permission, except as described below and in our HIPAA Policy.
Information Shared with Our Services Providers
• We may engage third-party services providers to work with us to administer and provide the Service. These third-party services providers have access to your PII only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your PII for any other purpose.
Aggregated Information Shared with Third Parties
• We may share your aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties to conduct on-going quality improvement activities, or for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
• Information that we collect from our users, including PII, is considered to be a business asset. Thus, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your PII, may be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
• We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (i) to enforce our Terms of Service, (ii) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (iii) to protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party, our users, or the public in general; (iv) to stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; and (v) as required in accordance with HIPAA or related applicable local, state or federal laws (please refer to the HIPAA Policy).
Third Party Sites
The Website, App and Service contain links to other sites that are owned or operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content, privacy or security practices of any third parties. To protect your information, we encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those third parties.
Your account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. The Companies safeguard the security of the information you provide to us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. In certain areas of our Website and App, we use industry-standard SSL-encryption to enhance the security of data transmissions. While we strive to protect your PII, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your PII when you are on the Internet. Use a combination of letters and numbers for your password and make sure you use a secure browser.
Children and Privacy
Our Website, App and Service do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly solicit PII from children under the age of 18 or send them requests for PII. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 18 directly from that child we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Your information is stored by the Companies on controlled servers with limited access and may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where the Companies or agents are located. If you’re located outside the United States and choose to provide your PII to us, we may transfer your PII to the United States and process it there. Those who choose to access and use the Service from outside the U.S. do so on their own initiative, at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The Companies are not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your PII, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2017 Eden Health